Tagged Sauger

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pendog66, Apr 29, 2008.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

i was fishing the hocking yesterday and caught this sauger that was tagged by WVDNR. I called and told them and now as a prize i get a trout magnet[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Thats pretty cool. I heard of another tagged sauger caught there a few years ago.

3. traphunter

traphunter Guest

A trout magnet??? LOL thats friggen hilarious. I would love to get a tagged fish.

4. got one a couple of yrs ago out of a trib of the ohio,tagged by wvdnr 2yrs b4 an 2 dams down,tagged below new martiansville an caught above pike island dam:) your'ell get a letter telling you when an were it was tagged an i got a hat an a can cooler;)
    mrtwister

5. 100% total honest question here.Is that a good size for a sauger?Ive been meaning to get down and fish the damns on the ohio for sauger but havent found the time.

6. I got several a few years ago below Willow Island. WVDNR sent everyone a letter telling when and where it was tagged,along with a survey hat. It was pretty cool.

7. fishslime

fishslime Catch it, then eat it :)

Thats probally about the average size ppl start keeping them at 10-12in (sometimes smaller maybe they make good sardines for pizza??) but you'll see them up to 19 inches or so.

8. A couple of years ago I landed a sauger in a trib off the pike island pool it was 23" and about 4 1/2 lbs.
    Didn't realize (at that time) how large it was for a sauger until I told my buddy
    Mrtwister and he clued me in.(bin lookin for another one that big ever since)