close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tackling the "Curse"

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Salmonid, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Ok, so I keep reading about the dreaded curse that H20Mellon has and when we were discussing going fishing last week, he didnt seem to mention it, but perhpas he "cursed" me as well since even though we didnt get out together, I did go out and got skunked on my carp outing, only managed to snag about 6-8 of them but those dont count. Hmmmm, am I forever cursed? or do I have to take him and make sure he gets a fish to get this terrible curse off of my back??? If that is so, then the Witchdoctor inside of me is up for the challenge!
    Bryon, can you get out Saturday morning?? at the local warm water spot I told you about, bring flyrod because even I believe we can get you some carp on the long rod, that ought to be good enough to forever clear the dreaded curse, dont you think?? Ill bring the camera and the flies...
    Let me Know, Oh course this would really be to break the curse for the entire board, Im up to the challenge and since you are weeding through fishin buddies faster then moss through a Goose, I believe I may be the Southwest's boards last hope!!
    Wish me well.... ;)

Let me know eh?
    Salmonid, the closet Witchdoctor

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

heyy..u mind me tagging along for the ride....... and some fish?? :)

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Good luck Putting Bryan on a fish, I tired for two years to no avail!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Mark,

That might just work out. I'll have to see what my work siutation is. I missed Mon & Tue since my boys were sick (Vivianne made it w/ out getting real sick) not to mention lil Phil (my other 2 year old) just puked his guts out again. Man my whoel house stinks, this is pretty sick.

I could always get out in the AM & work in the afternoon. I'll let you know 2morrow.

5. I think we all will be "cursed" if this lousy weather does'nt let up. I can't even remember what my clickers sound like. :(

6. I know the answer to the curse. Grab your rod and some redworms and we will hit a creek with nice 6"-10" chubs. They will eat your curse away. ;) I am actually serious about this. I love to just go and catch fish sometimes and they love to eat.

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I agree Chris, just saw the 10 day forcast, more of the same.

8. Crappie Hunter, Im afraid with all the secret hokie pokie voodoo dancing and such, that others may get hurt in the ruckus therefore its in your best interest not to attend this secret outing, in fact Bryan will have to meet me at a mutual meeting ground, become blindfolded and spun around many times until he passes out, then we move him to the trunk and only then do we dare drive to the secret buriel grounds of where the fish gods can safely remove such a hex. This kind of stuff is not for the weak of heart, Fishing Curses are serious business and once we shake this off of Bryan then all the members of the SW Board shall forever be ridden of this hex. The problem then becomes, where do we send this Hex?? perhaps we can send it to the Central Ohio Board and its members. Anyone have a problem with that?? ;)

Salmonid (thats latin for "Hex remover")

9. I say we send it to "peta". The curse should work infavor of us. If it keeps H2O Mellon from catching fish it should be reverse on those against fishing. Just think of the cameras going off as fish jump in the boats and waders of anitfishing people.
    Head line in New York Times could read "FISH BLAMED FOR DROWNING OF FIVE PETA WORKERS".

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Guys, doesnt look like I'll be goign anywhere on Sat. :mad:

Child #3 (I have so many they now have #'s not names!) got real sick again. I missed all of Mon & Tue, now 1/2 the day today. I'll be workign from 6am to most likely 5pm on Sat.

11. I have heard of fishing curses but have never seen one that made the kids sick to. :eek: There must be something that can be done.

12. H2O Mellon, I think I can help you with the fish'n whammy but like walter said, I dont do the Kid thing, your on your own in that department.
    Just let me know when, and the offer is still good, I may instead go try to get a Grass Pickerel on the fly to add to my life list on Saturday. I got a few places I used to get a bunch of them years ago on spinning tackle. Of course now that I am specifically looking for one, they have become mighty scarce...

Hang in there ole buddy....
    Salmonid