close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tackle shop in France

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappiebub, Oct 4, 2005.

1. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

My daughter is spending a semester of grad school in Renne France. While walking around town she found this tackle shop and sent back some pictures. This is in downtown Renne. Lots of familiar items in the windows. Nice perch too. Hasn't seen anyone fishing yet on her travels. Asked her if she had her OGF hat, but she left it home.

[​IMG]
    Top Sign. Very rough translaton "Everything for the art of Fishing"
    Bottom "The Fish Travelers or Vovagers"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Price 243 Euro = $289.00
    179 Euro = $213.00

[​IMG]

2. Nice pics. Looks better stocked than the local discount stores. Ask your daughter how Americans are received there. Seems like the french are portrayed as hating us, wondered if that was true.

3. oh wee wee,,tell her i send gros baisers to her...lol.. merci...i speak fluent french being born in belgium NOT FRANCE THANK GOD!!!!!!

4. Being in Paris for a few days over the summer, I can tell you they didn't exactly make me feel welcome.

5. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

She said she has had no problem anywhere she's been so far. People have been helpful with anything that's come up. She speaks no French whatsoever and is taking a French For Dummies course to help out. So far she's visited St Malo, Paris, and Versailles on days with no classes. The palace at Versailles was her favorite.

6. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Tell your daughter to bring home a copy of their fishing regulations and then print them out for all of us to see. I'll bet they are interesting.

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I'd bet those regulations would be in French too.

Been fishing alot in Belgium and France. Yellow perch and northern pike are common. Tried for zander but it wasn't the right time of the year for them to be close to shore and we didn't have a boat.

http://www.pikezander.co.uk/