Tackle for crappie/bluegill reccomendations

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by bman123, Apr 6, 2008.

1. I am trying to set up a rig for crappie/bluegill but don't know what I should get.I would like a 5'6 or 6ft pole.I don't wanna go overkill on the fish neither do I want my pole bent in half over a lil bluegill.
    What do you think is good for me?I would like to spend $30on the rod and $40 on the reel.Also what line works best for these buggers also what size,brand,and model hook is the best?Thanks you all very much

2. was a meijer today. they got ultra-light ugly stick combos for 29.99. good deal.

3. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

i have a 6' Ultralite rod with a Quantum XT00 lite reel on it. The reel is spooled with 6lb Trilene XL, its super limp and is just a great line.

I dont know what to tell you about hooks, but you cannot go wrong with a package of Blakemores Roadrunners. Get yourself some Roadrunners and some 1" or 2" twister tails and you'll be in business.

4. no-one else has any suggestions.PLease feel free to chime in

5. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

I like a 6'6 rod with a 1500 or 2000 sized reel and 10lb braid. I like catching them on teeny crankbaits. It may or may not work better, but I think the tiny cranks are kinda cool.

6. 6'6" Medium/Light rod, I'd go Gander Guide series IM7 coupled with a Quantum AR-20 spinning reel. Spool it with 6lb Gamma line.

7. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

For crappie and bluegill I like a 6'6" ML rod in IM7 graphite or better. A Gander Mountain Guide Series rod should be close to your budget and it will be a great rod! A good spinning reel in your budget range would be an Abu Garcia Avocet. Walmart usually has them for a good price. I just switched my line this year to 6 lb Suffix Elite and I LOVE it!

I like to fish tube jigs. I like charteruesse/red and charteruesse/black the best. I put them on either 1/16 oz plain leadhead jig or a 1/32 oz plain leadhead jig. I like to tie on two and space them about 12-15" apart. Then, I attach a bobber about 2 feet above the top jig. Sometimes they want a slow steady retrieve and other times you just got to pop it and let it sit.

CG

8. well i ended up getting a 6ft ugly stick in medium action.I got it for $5 so I can't complain

9. Will the 6ft ugly stick in medium power be ok for the application with 6lb line

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yes,6 pound should work fine.no need to go heavier than that for panfish.