T.B.X. location change

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Phil Carver, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I would like to inform everyone that the event scheduled for this Saturday at Deer Creek has had to be relocted to Alum Creek for safty purposes. The lake has come up over 9' so far and is expected to be at 15-16' above summer pool by the time we were scheduled for blast off. We will be launching out of the NEw Galena Ramp and blast off will be at 6:00am .

2. According to the waterdata site i'm looking at it came up 6ft and is now on the fall. That kinda stinks I was really looking forward to Deer Creek this year :(

Any chance of it still being held there or is the change set in stone?

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I would never change locations if I wasn't convenced by the corps and park office to do so. Sorry guys , I would rather have fished Deer Creek as welll.

4. reelmanly

reelmanly Set The HOOK!!!!!!!!

Was pre fishin today on DC and the water was about 5 feet below the shop at the marina when we started we could just barely see the marina lights at the opening by 1 the lights were getting covered totally up and rising the lake was turning brown down around the bend it wasn't like that in the morning muddy from the marina ramp back up the creek but working its way down the lake, the marina launch was closed and the steep one had no turnaround. fished alot of what ya walk on, what BITE.

5. Phil,

I just read a post that ALL Alum ramps are currently under water! And they aren't letting out any water either. I'm hoping they satrt soon. We're scheduled for a club tourney this Sunday at Alum as well.