close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

switch panels

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Warpath, Jun 16, 2005.

1. I was wondering where I might find fused, switch panels to replace my old ones on the boat. I found some at BPS, but I don't really care for them at all. Any other ideas? Stores where I might find a different type, even if they aren't necessarily for marine use?

Eric

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Two places I would suggest. Check West Marine on Sawmill Rd. They have a good selection of different switches. Also Check at NAPA on 161, (W.Dublin Grandville Rd. They also carry lots of fused switches.

3. Dale,

I'll check at NAPA, but 161 is a bit of a drive for me now. I'll check the one on Dixie Highway. You must not have known, I moved to Cincinnati with my wife. Thanks again Dale. I'll check West Marine's website, but I think they had the same type as BPS.

Eric

4. You could check www.boatus.com too. I ordered my replacement LED interior lights and a automatic bildge pump from them and they seemed like decet people to do business with.

Barry

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

cabelas has some.don't know if that's what you want,but i bought a 4 switch panel(with fuses) recently,and i like it.i also liked the price ;)

6. Try Hern Marine on Rt 4.

7. Yeah, Hern was a great idea Ken ( I live like two minutes from there) but they had the same panel as BPS only it was $16 more. But thanks for the info to everyone!

I ended up using the panel I bought at BPS. I had to back track my negative wires to the battery to ground them. With the help of my VERY LOVING wife, we got it done this evening. I'm satisfied for now, but I do want to shorten some of the positive leads to the panel. They're just a bit crazy now. Everything seems okay for this weekend though, and I have a new found respect for anyone who works on boats for a living. Praise to God!!!!

Somewhere down the road, I need to add my X-67c fishfinder to the bow. But I'll wait until I buy my Cuda 240 for the console and add them at the same time.

Thanks!
    Eric

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I'm too late, but I was going to add Dixie Marine too.

9. I went to Dixie too, they didn't have anything. They had to order anything in, which kind of surprised me. I will say this, they have a ton of tackle that is tough to find like RoboWorm and some local stuff that is real cool. And I was impressed that their service staff was on the phone with a boater who was on Watts Bar, TN. He bought his boat at Dixie and he was having trouble with his switch panel and they walked him through fixing it.

Eric

10. I love fishing watts bar, fished it for the first 16 years of my life, then dad sold the ranger, but there are talks of a new one soon!