Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you fish swimbaits? Do you have a favorite brand or style to use? I'm planning on trying the Googan brand for the first time this spring. Jann's Netcrafts Dominator I plan on trying too. Anyone try either of these? These below are some of my favorites.

·
Jiggin Freak
2,426 Posts
I fish them A LOT now for walleye in the reservoirs. Catch a sh!t-ton of bass while fishing for the eyes. I mainly use either Kietech or Kalins. The Kalins hold up longer, better plastic. Kietech has way more size and color options though. I honestly have mostly Kietech in my tackle. I've caught fish on those Jann' s baits but they have too small of a paddle tail IMO and just don't kick like the bigger paddle baits. Strike King makes a good one too.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like keitech's and joshy's a lot. Great action and colors. I like the squid scent in keitech's. I usually add a little scent to my joshy's, but not always.
Where do you get the Joshy's? I've never tried those. You have a link so I can see what they look like? Thinking about doing a underwater video for all the different brands. So we can see underwater side by side and compare their action.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you google big Joshy swimbaits there is a website. You can view the items and colors available and also order stuff. Not sure where you are but several baitshops also carry them. Not sure if that's on the site though!
I'll check their website out. I'm located in northwest Ohio by the Maumee River and Toledo. Wonder if Jann's or Bass Pro Shops carry them. If not, I'll check out their website. Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like the Big Bite Baits, suicide shad for saugeye and walleye. I’m sure the bass would love them also. Joshy’s are another favorite. Bps does not carry the Big Joshy’s. I’ve only seen them in central Ohio bait shops but you can buy them straight from Big Joshy’s website.
Thanks. I'm going to head to their website and pick out a few packs. Appreciate you saving me a trip.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really like the Big Bite Baits, suicide shad for saugeye and walleye. I’m sure the bass would love them also. Joshy’s are another favorite. Bps does not carry the Big Joshy’s. I’ve only seen them in central Ohio bait shops but you can buy them straight from Big Joshy’s website.
Mike, Jim was hammering them on the Big Bite Bait Thumper tail swimbait I mentioned in the video. I went out bought a whole bunch of them afterwards. That the one your referring to, or are you using a different one by Big Bite Baits?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Big Joshy's started with a guy here on OGF. There were many threads about it a couple years ago. He might still be a site sponsor.
Wow! That's pretty cool and I didn't even know about them. We'll I helped him out and bought several packs out to try. I'll give you some feedback this spring.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Zoom's five inch hollow body Swimmer is a real killer down here. I use the blue back herring color.
I have tried those out before. They do work good. I still have flukes that I love to chuck around!

The smallmouth in Erie sure like them. Don't overlook the swimcraw for smallies in the Great Lakes, you won't be sorry.:D
I ended up ordering sand shiner and clear water shad. I'll have to remember that swimcraw. I'm going to go back to the website and look at that color now that you mentioned it. You got me curious. Thanks

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
I have tried those out before. They do work good. I still have flukes that I love to chuck around!

I ended up ordering sand shiner and clear water shad. I'll have to remember that swimcraw. I'm going to go back to the website and look at that color now that you mentioned it. You got me curious. Thanks
Also being a bass guy,the J5's are good to,from bigjoshyswimbaits.
I've caught alot of smallies on the 2.75 and 3.25 joshys,both inland and st.clair.

My favorite large mouth swim bait is the yum money minnow with the belly weighted hook

1 - 20 of 42 Posts