close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sweet website for reel parts!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by jmenchhofer, Jun 7, 2007.

1. jmenchhofer

jmenchhofer 'eye addict

Yesterday while fishing the local reservoir during lunch time, an unfortunate incident took place. I had brought a second spinning rod, because I wanted to alternate between fishing a jig and twister tail and a crank bait. As my left-handed wife was the last to use the rod, I had to switch the reel handle back from the right side to the left. Of course, in the process of doing this, I somehow managed to drop the handle screw in the water. It apparently worked it's way down into the rocks, never to be seen again. :mad:

As a result of my misfortune, I found what appears to be a very sweet website with parts available for hundreds of reels. You can even open up a pdf schematic of your reel to find the part and part number you need, then search by the exact part number to place your order.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the address is:

www.mikesreelrepair.com

2. Mike's is in Canada. They have alot of trick stuff to Hot Rod Ambassadeurs and I order from them quite often. However delivery is slow comming through customs. Try also http://www.southwesternparts.com/ . They have schematics for most reels and you get the parts much quicker.

3. I have also ordered from Sponsky's in PA. They treated me great. I don't know that they have the schematics for most reels. I found my schematics from one of the above sites and then called Sponsky's up. I don't even know that they have a web site. They seem to be a very small ma and pa shop. Even the first time I ordered from them they sent me the part along with an invoice. I didn't need to pay up front. I don't know if they still do that or if they do it on parts of any value but I thought that was very trusting. And the parts each time were only a couple of bucks. Here is their phone number.

(814) 948-6970