close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SW OHIO wildlife area ponds.

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ajax, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

Can someone recommend me a wildlife area with ponds? I know a few places in Brown County with a few public ponds. Has anyone fished them? I'm just looking for a nice place to take my 5 yr old.

2. If your thinking about Indian creek near fayetteville they have alot of ponds full of bluegill...take some wax worms with you

3. first post here!

there are ponds in Darke County on 36 east of greenville, there are 5 i believe that have some decent places for kids shore fishing.

4. There is a nice pond at Paint Creek Dam. There is good access to a lot of it and lots of fish. There's also a shelterhouse, restroom, and a modern playground at this location.

5. They used to be nice...now there crap....They just stopped takin care of them.:mad:

6. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

That's the place I was thinking of taking him. I may still try there.

7. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I also know of a pond on the Caesar's Creek Wildlife Area to the north. Has anyone fished there.

8. If your talking about the one rt near the north shore boat ramp its ok. not very big very little shade when i went there. But only 16 and younger can fish there so its not a crowded bank.

9. Zfishman

Zfishman Member

Ajax - I have fished there some this last spring. I did not have any luck but I have seen some nice bass in it. I believe that it could be a good place to fish given a little time to explore it. Thick algae was beginning to grow in it when I was there a couple of months ago. I haven't been there recently to see how it looks. It requires about a 1/2 hour hike.

10. Caesar's Creek has a youth pond that is for kids 15 and under. I've never fished it with my son, but there are always people there.

If you're close to the Dayton/Kettering area, Kettering Rec Center has a pond polluted with small bluegills. You can catch them as fast as you can bait your hook. Not anything worth talking about for most of us, but my 6 year old has a blast everytime I take him there. They love the waxworms.

11. Also (it's close to the Kettering Rec, as previous commenter suggested) there's a church on Wilmington Pike - Far Hills Community Church - that has a nice little pond behind it that they let anyone fish in.
    If you go next to the pipe on the east side and you can get bluegill and bass of all sizes - I've caught a couple bluegills that gave me the kind of fight I'd expect from a bass