close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suzuki out board

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by unfisherman, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Having trouble with my outboard, I was at deer creek Saturday, but never got the boat up to speed, just idling around{I did tow a man and his family back to the ramp, never got a thank you} that's beside the point. After I got clear of the ramp I pours the coals to her, she ran for about a minute and then just bogged down. Everytime I satrted it it would die. Anybody got any ideas? By the way I will be fishing down there a lot this year, just rented a dock.

2. Will it run if you choke it?

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Check fuel related problems first. I have a Suzuki and they are real finiky compared to other motors when it comes to fuel. If you just got a dock is it the first time you've run it this year? If so old gas will do that. Suzukis are famous for their awesome carbs, but the same carbs are also famous for needing attention every year or two.

1. Fuel bulb (the problem most of the time)
    2. Fuel filter
    3. Fuel pump
    4. Check spark plugs

Suzukis also have a built in design to only allow so many rpm(3000-3500rpm) if your oil tank ran dry, the thermostats aren't funtioning properly, or your not getting enough water(impeller bad). What size and year motor? Is it 4 stroke or 2? All the info I gave you in this paragraph relates to a V6 2 stroke and I'm not sure if it would apply to a smaller motor or a 4 stroke.

Hope this helps. I've been through the whole fuel system on mine if I can help any more let me know.