Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jiggin Freak
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a trout stocked location hoping to find a few leftovers. Nope.... not a trout to be had on the end of my line. Did get a small ditch pickle right away. Kicked some geese out of the wind sheltered corner and found a school of gills instead. Put a family meals worth in the bucket by noon. Back home with a beer cracked and cleaning fish by 12:30. Even a Fish Ohio in the mix. Nice bunch of gills. Most were caught with a tungsten hair jig tipped with a maggot pegged about 3 foot under the float. A couple (including the FO) were caught on a mini slab spoon tipped with waxworms. Good morning, I am liking my "New Normal" with shortened work weeks.

Big fish of the day. My blade is 9" and he went just a hair bigger.

.....and my view as I cleaned fish. She begs for every scrap and waited the whole time either between my legs or next to the gut bucket.

·
Buckeye Angler
68 Posts
Went to a trout stocked location hoping to find a few leftovers. Nope.... not a trout to be had on the end of my line. Did get a small ditch pickle right away. Kicked some geese out of the wind sheltered corner and found a school of gills instead. Put a family meals worth in the bucket by noon. Back home with a beer cracked and cleaning fish by 12:30. Even a Fish Ohio in the mix. Nice bunch of gills. Most were caught with a tungsten hair jig tipped with a maggot pegged about 3 foot under the float. A couple (including the FO) were caught on a mini slab spoon tipped with waxworms. Good morning, I am liking my "New Normal" with shortened work weeks.

Big fish of the day. My blade is 9" and he went just a hair bigger.

.....and my view as I cleaned fish. She begs for every scrap and waited the whole time either between my legs or next to the gut bucket.

Congrats, nice pics specially the one of your dog. Is your dog your fishing buddy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts