Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a couple of years (probably more than that) since I tied up some leaders for my local Pike/muskie holes.

I'm a huge fan of the Berkley Cros-Lok snaps size 3 and their barrel swivels in size 7 tied with 80lb Berkley Vanish. This is a rough go searching across the world wide web trying to find the Berkley components!

Are you guys running into issues as well? Probably a dumb question, and I'm well aware of the ammo shortage, but this has taken me a bit by surprise. Any alternatives? I like this combination because it's never failed me once and is light enough to allow the action of the lure to work as intended.

Reactions: Lazy 8

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ultimately I found what I was looking for between Phill's Propellers and tackle shop and Frank's Great Outdoors. Any experience with those places?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tackledirect.com for the 80lb Berkley Vanish Pro Spec

·
STX 206 Viper
1,876 Posts
Frank’s is great. Good selection and orders filled quickly. You do have to pay for shipping, but their prices are low enough to make up the difference

·
Registered
877 Posts
I used to tie my own leaders as well, but not any more. I purchase the ready made leaders from Stealth Tackle. Quality components and they usually last me several years. I know this is a bit lazy, but it is a good product. I can get four or five 100 pound leaders for the price of a spool of fluorocarbon leader material.

Also, if you ever have the chance to go to one of the Muskie Road Rules events in the spring, they give you a couple leaders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts