close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Superbowl Boycott

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by TheKing, Jan 23, 2005.

1. I was watching the Superbowl last year with my family. We have always watched it together. It's been a family event for our entire lives.
    Last year the group included my wife, my 15 year son, my 16 year old daughter, and her boyfriend. It was the first time she had a boyfriend to visit with Mom and Dad.
    At half-time, Janet pulls her boobs out. Call it an accident if you want to defend her, but as far as I am concerned; it was premeditated and went exactly acording to her plan. Now, as a parent, what would you say to these teens during in response to such a rude action? Sort of a weird position to be in, eh?

I am still mad. CBS was not damaged by the event, neither was Janet. The whole thing has gone down as a cute stunt. And all is forgotten already.

Just boobies? No harm, no foul? I don't think so in the setting I was in. I think the game should carry an R rating and not be allowed on open broadcast.

2. Too many people within sports and entertainment that feel they are above everyone else as well as the rules of society. That is what happens when you end up with individuals that only have a physical talent and no brain to go with it. Just look at what has been going on in the NFL and the NBA as well as the Rappers and many of the so called comedy shows on TV. The token from a fines that are made in no way affect the individual perpetrators or organizations responsible financial standpoint.

3. BIGG MAN

BIGG MAN JOE

if you pay for crap that what you are going to get. as long people keep paying for that bs they call entertanment that what we will get. in this world BS walk and money talk. it sad to say but it true.

4. catlover

catlover Banned

I can see where you're comming from. It was not only unexpected, it was unnecessary sensationalism. However, it's been kicked around like a dead horse for a year now. But consider that 16 year old girl has seen a naked breast and a 15 year old boy..well thats probably all we thought about at that age.

Lets look at another issue. Didn't ms. Jackson have a nipple ring. I never saw it, but thats what I heard. Now that is what is disgusting to me. I'm 50 years old now. If I would have had my ears pierced while I was living at home, my dad would have had a fit.
    Now we have these young entertainers who, as always, are icons and role models for our youth. Look at all the tattoos', body piercings and what not. I find that far more repulsive than minor nudity.

These entertainers as icons and role models for our youth, define the parameters of whats "cool". Now a kid can go to the mall and not only come home with pierced ears, but noses, and God forbid tounges as well. That is what I find disgusting. If you watch the crap these people are putting MTV and the like, I guess were lucky it isn't much worse.

I still think Janet is still rather tame compared to the stunts pulled by her sister LaToya. And again, brother Micheal has put a whole new spin on the phrase, "contributing to the deliquiency of a minor". To bad the days of tar and feathering are over. Who knows, the Jaksons might think it was a cool outfit.

We should't hold it against the game and the hard work of the players. It's due to the greed of the media, owners and the companies that promote their products here.. We wait all year for this event If it wasn't for the mega bux in advertizing, they wouldn't pay the big dollars for the entertainment. The Super Bowl would be over in 3 hours. Then we would wait for the pro bowl, and hang it up till next year.

Catz

5. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

i thought the whole boob thing was just stupid. who wants to see that floppy hooter anyhow. just pointless, dumb, and although i wasnt personally offended, i could see how it would be amongst the children. thats how classless "entertainment" has become. i think they already learned their lesson from the uproar it created.

6. catking

catking Banned

Janet did a favor to all of the people who are disgusted with todays activities on television and the radio. The FCC really cracked down HARD after this incident . You no longer hear alot of the things pre-Janet. CATKING