close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Super Line Knots

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Parrothead, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Does anyone have any good description (pics) of how to tie good knots for super lines like Spiderwire? They used to put inserts in the boxes with descriptions but I couldn't find any in the boxes when I bought some. I am having a hard time getting good knots.

2. I haven't had to much difficulty with knots using PowerPro. When I do think that the line will slip, I'll tie a uni-knot but will double the line through the eye before starting the wrap.

3. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

The Palomar Knot works great for me with all types of line including braid and has 100% knot strength. I use a Blood Knot to connect braid to a mono leader.

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

i second the palomar knot for fireline.... i never knew how to tie it before i bought the line, i looked at the insert and it said to use it. its a super easy knot to tie and its really strong.

5. I use the Palomar knot for all my braided connections except when tying leader to braided. I use a double uni for the dissimilar material or pound test joint and a drop of super glue. Between the Palomar, Clinch, Improved Clinch and Uni and occasionally the Blood Knot I feel I can tie or attach about anything for fresh water use.

6. .
    hhjhjhjhjhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

7. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

no better knot than a Palomar Knot for braid or just about anything else.

8. Hooch

Hooch Fare Thee Well!

I have had too many break offs at the knot! The mono simply can't stand up to the braid on a hard hookset. The double uni knot is the way to go! -Hooch-

9. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I've always referred to it as the double trilene knot, but it has a different name here. You can click here to see it. Basically you just put 2 loops thru the hook/lure and then throw 5 or 6 turns around your main line then run the tag end back thru the original 2 loops. :cool:

[​IMG]

10. Uni-knot here (using Power-Pro).

Steve

11. I vote palomar for tying any braid to terminal rig/lure. As far as attaching leader I still am struggling with that one. I plan to try the super glue suggestion this year and see if that yields a stronger knot. I usually try the double uni for leaders.

12. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

I hope fffffish chimes in he has a not that is crazy for musky i got to learn it :D .......jim

13. Hey Brian try a bloodknot from the link I posted above it really works well...

14. The plain blood knot says for two lines of the same thickness. What I am trying to attach is 12 flourocarbon to 2# diameter (20# test) braid. Will that knot work well in that situation? The site referenced list the Albright as a good knot for lines of different thicknesses.:confused:

15. I use the plain blood and it works for me man...
    That Albright looks good but I never have used it...