Super line 4 leaders

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Garyoutlaw77, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

I have always used heavy mono for my leaders but as of late have been testing Power Pro #65 & Spider Wire Catfish Fussion in #50 (both in green) for fishing live baits on circle hooks. So far I can't find any change in results but have not needed to re-tie my leaders as much because lack of abrassions

Thoughts...
    Thanks fellas - Outlaw

2. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

First off I primarily fish for channels, I used to use Berkley big game mono, but last season I switched to try Power pro because I wanted to fish some flathead spots but was trying to avoid buying all new rigs after trying the power pro 30lb I was hooked on superline. Mid season I bought some suffix superline and now that is my favorite, I use large spinning reels and have not seen a third as many birds nests with the suffix vs. the heavy mono. I use a 30# main line then a leader of 25# mono so that I can pull off snags and keep my sinker and swivel. What # test do you use for main line? There are quite a few people on both sides of the Superline vs. mono debate and both have their pros and cons. But after switching last year ill never go back to mono. My buddy also uses the suffix superline and he runs abu 6000's. My one ? would be when fishing live baits with the superline as a leader Id be worried about the bait circling the main line and then if a fish is on the superline may cut through the mono.