close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

super hot spot/now!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by charles mills, Aug 16, 2004.

1. here is a hot lake right now (hodgson). there are two airators at this lake. i have a map link for you guys.Airator #1 (the side closest to the shore has some sunkin pallates there the crappie are 2 reels of the bottom ) the cpappies are all about 1-2lbers real nice.the perch are 1 reel off.there has been a huge school of large walleye there for a week now the largest at about 10lb (no bull) I know this to be true cuz a have aquz-vu. the rig is a shinner and slit shot stright down.airator #2 is 73feet deep with trout at 8 reels down. crawler and a slit shot(you will catch so many your arm will fall of ) and there are some huge gill there 11-13 reel down(the bigest gill I got was 1.3lb 7/10th of a lb away from the lake record.the smallest was 10oz)I get about 10-20 gill a hour.this only happens 1 time a year so dont miss out.
    http://www.charlesmillsoutdoors.com/hottip.htm

2. Sounds like some awsome fishing. Where is Hodgson lake?

3. Ravenna, portage county
    This lakes is on fire!

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I gotta get there...maybe I should try out my AquaVu when I get it there. Does anyone know how late that you are allowed to fish there?

thanks..

flash------------------------------------------------out

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Isn't that a paylake?

6. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

It is most likely a pay lake or private lake at least. Never seen a park lake with aerators. I'm not saying the don't exist, I just have not seen one. But almost every paylake I have been to has aerators. They have to, they are overstocked to begin with.

7. KSUFLASH

Someone will correct me if I am wrong. But the city of Ravenna or maybe it is Kent owns that lake, and charges a fee to fish the lake. It is well stocked with fish. And it also has a fence all around the lake. I have only fished it a few times though. So I am sure someone else might know a bit more about it than me.

flash-------------------------------------------out

8. It's Ravenna's lake and is stocked with trout. There are nice bass, pike, gills, and crappie in there too. I haven't fished it in years, but I wouldn't consider it a "pay lake" in the sense you guys think of one, with wild fish being taken from elsewhere and stocked. There is a charge to fish there. Was only a couple dollars back when I fished it. I think fishin ful and steelhead1 fish it. Maybe they can shed some more light.

9. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

it is a buck to fish it for a day 8 bucks a year it is owned by ravenna and is used for drinking water they use the money to keep the area nice and stock trout in the spring i would not call it a pay lake at all more of a city run park the areators have something to do with the water intakes for the pump house and water plant that are on the lake no gas motas on the lake but they do rent boats bring your own electric mota and it is closed tues. i havent heard any good reports at all from this lake it usually dies in the summer the trout that you are talking about got to be in 40 or 50 foot of water never did that well on the eyes few here few their i may make a trip out this week ben it is your turn so tell me when you can go thur or fri are good for me .........jim

10. KSUFLASH

Jim, thursday is good for me....i will PM you about the details...

flash------------------------------out