sunfish bonanza

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshnfreak, Jun 8, 2008.

1. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

cherell and i headed to a local sunfish mecca friday evening and boy did it pay off all the sweat blood and tears were well worth the bounty. heres a few pics to show off our catch. we kept 32 in all we split with 16 a piece and when they were all cleaned i had almost 3 lbs of meat.most of the fish were caught on waxies and red worms with few being taken on small chartruese twisters. the pic with the fish lyuing on a 7lb bag of ice used for scale. all of the fish averaged 7-9".

Attached Files:

• 175.JPG
      175.JPG
      File size:
      59.7 KB
      Views:
    • 172.JPG
      172.JPG
      File size:
      61 KB
      Views:
    • 173.JPG
      173.JPG
      File size:
      62.2 KB
      Views:
    • 174.JPG
      174.JPG
      File size:
      82.7 KB
      Views:

2. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

any chance u can tell me what kind of sunfish that im holding in my hand because we caught a boat load of those way more than true bluegill.

3. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

4. Have a feeling I know where you were at. Smaller upground Res, but bigger than the one next to it. If not, they are tearing them up at another one I know of. Had a buddy telling me how they were killing them at a local spot, catching upwards of a hundred 7" plus gills in a few hours. I ran into him last Sunday afternoon when he was done and sure enough, they had about 100 big gills in the cooler.

5. Pumpkinseeds