1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
good luck tubuzz . we still need to get out for some bass action

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'll be launching out of the river by 7 am. I'm going to start straight north of the river in 38 FOW.

Het

We got into em pretty good out just a little further in 46' straight north from the river. Nothing big but plenty of action, very little pressure (we were alone) as the crowds were west and tight.

reo

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
The crowd was pretty sparse out there today. Ended up with four tickets. My 80 year young neighbor boated an 8 pounder. Had four others at 5#.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well great day on sunday. Line got wet at 6:30am 38 feet of water off the Vermilion river. Started off slow but started getting them on Bare naked 800 RR 120 back flatline, Spoon nothing but junk. After 4 eye's on the RR switch the other over to Bare naked RR limited by 8:15am with losing 2-3 fish at the net (hard to net, steer, and reel in fish). End the day at 9:30am with 12 eye's boated and lost 5 at the boat trying to net them. Got old trying to steer around boats so I stopped fish early.

·
Registered
343 Posts
We got on the water on Sunday around 6 am and had eight fish in the boat by 8 am. We had to break camp so we pulled out by 9 am. All of our fish came on big spoons (purples were hot). The 'eyes seemed to be getting a little frisky again compared to the previous few days (post front).

I fished Thursday through Sunday out of Cranberry and everything came on spoons (Stingers/Scorpions mostly). I ran Reef Runners and Hot-N-Tots off and on (even three way with a crank/spoon combo) but I couldn't get bit on the cranks.

It did seem like the fish were beginning to favor the large spoons on this trip compared to just a few weeks ago. Maybe the next trip I can leave the jets and spoons in the box and run crankbaits (and catch walleye).

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I couldn't buy a walleye on a big spoon Sunday. I ran a few different ones, hoping that i would cut down on white bass. I kept catching the white bass on them, but quit catching the walleyes. I switched the big ones back to small spoons, and got back into the eyes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For some reason cranks have been hot this year. I only got one sheephead on the RR. I going to stick with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts