close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sunday on Little Miami

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Walter Adkins, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Fished the Little Miami for about 10 hours on Sunday. Caught over thirty smallmouths and several rock bass. Most were in the 12" to 15" range with a few 17" and two 18" with one that was 20". I only lost one fish all day and it was another in the 20" range, decided to lip it instead of using the net. Most were caught on tubes and soft jerk baits. The two large ones came off of logs with jigs. Guys if you still believe the only way to fish is out of a bass boat then you are missing out on some of the best fishing to be had in the dog days. I am going to try the Big Miami, do anyone have any suggestions on were to go. Have a good hook set.

2. Sorry, no clue where to find smallies on the GMR. However, I would like to know where you are catching 20" smallies out of the LMR. Thanks!

3. I found them south of 235. I do not exatly but I could here the race track close by.

4. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Where abouts on the river where you? When i drove past the area heading to Caesar it looked all but dried up to me :eek:

5. I do not know the name of the road I was parked on. I have just started to fish this river so I do not know all the roads yet. I can show you by driving there but I do not have a map of the area. I will try and find out so the next time I post I can give more directions. All I ask is that we put back the fish over 16". Keep some to eat if you want but I look for the bigger fish and there are only a few of them around.

6. Lazzyfishingman

Lazzyfishingman How you work is who u r!!

If you want a Warren County Map it is 2.00. I got one the other day. YOu can email them at greers@co.warren.oh.us this should help you out as far as looking for road names. I thought I would throw my 2 cents in if you all care.

7. smalliehunter

smalliehunter "The Mighty Wing Man"

Keep all the rock bass you want........... ;)

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Man I can't catch fish in that river to save my life :(

Sounds like a great day though, hats off to you :)

9. I've probably put in 8-10 hours on the river here in South Lebanon this year with only some cats and drum to show for it. I think maybe I need to move towards Morrow or Foster and try my luck in those places... :eek:

10. smalliehunter

Man the RRP will log that amount of hours on the rivers in a week....... the fishing in the LM was horrible early on, but now the bite seems to be picking up........

11. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

8-10 hours??? Heck, some RRP members I know will log that much time on the river in a SINGLE DAY ... :eek: :rolleyes: For several days in a row!

Bassin machine ... it's really as simple as that. :D

12. smalliehunter

Anything to improve our chances, anything........... ;)

13. You guys are making me feel bad :D , maybe I under estimated my time and was only thinking of a two week period or so. You have to remember though I got my first boat this year :) so I have been spending a lot of time on the big waters.... probably should stay on the little waters... :eek:. This hole here in South Lebanon, if you aren't fishing with live bait your chances are pretty slim. I talked to a guy that fishes it about every evening with hellgramites and he tears it up. I even took night crawlers and put them under a bobber and let them float thru the holes only caught one small bass on them. :mad:

14. smalliehunter

:D Leave the live bait fishing to cattin and big water fishing......... I have never used live bait while wading/fishing the river......just doesnt seem right to me...... :confused:

15. Sounds like time is of importance to some. The time we spend on/in the water is precious so enjoy it all. Have a good hook set.