close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sunday Night at Hoover

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Capital outdoorsman, May 19, 2008.

1. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

Wanted to get out of the house Sunday so I decided to do some bank fishin for crappie. Didn't think the bite would be good because of the crazy weather and high winds. So put on the hiking boots and covered about 1/2 mile of shoreline in a little over 3 hours. Was pleasantly suprised that the crappie were still in very shallow waters (most 2-3 FOW) close to cover. Ended up catching about 30 in all and took home a meals worth of 10+ inchers. I am still finding them spread out. Did not catch more than 3 or 4 in a given spot.

Nothing seemed to work but minnows. Tried several other baits with very little success. I will put in a plug for microspoons. Been having some good success and will have to order some more.

2. You definitely outfished me. I launched from red bank on sunday around 2pm. Hit a number of my go to crappie spots...shallow, deep, in-between...nothing but dinks. Switched to eyes and continued the trend...2 saugeye about as long as my hand. Lots of trailers in the lot but saw very few boats out yesterday.