Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove down to the lake to get a look. I did not like what I seen. 2-4's coming out of the north with a fairly strong wind still blowing. I was hoping to get out to test my new sonar but I only have a 17 foot watercraft. Does anybody know if the lake is suppose to die down anytime soon today?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Should start to lay down over the next hour or two. By afternoon the winds will be variable and the lake should be flat. What part of the lake are you looking at?

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wildwood or Fairport. Looking to go skinny and test my sonar. I made to 70+ runs in my 17 footer the past 2 weekends but not in 2-4 footers. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Reno, I'm going to head up to WIldwood soon. I should probably be on the water by 10-10:30. I'm going t o try skinny water for some walleye for a couple hours. I can let you know how things are.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
It was a beautiful day on the lake. Just a tad bumpy at first, but turned out perfect for trolling.

Fish were cooperating, to boot.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
yup, i went out for the "afternoon bite" by myself and got 6 nice eaters up by the old "C" can on the line. nice ride back in.

·
Registered
937 Posts
We left the ramp at 5:00 am. Started the long run out to deep water. Rough at first but slowely we made it out to 74 fow set up and trolled about 40 minutes picked up 1 eye. I didn't like the marks moved out to 78 fow set up. Fished till 2:00 ended up with 13 walleye and 3 Steelies. 3 people on board. Trip back in was hammer down. Great day. P7200009.jpg
#3 dips set at 190 #1.5 at 170. Could not get the jets or weights going. Most all fish came off dipsys. Shrimp was probably hottest color patern.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts