close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sunday LMR afternoon 10/10/2004

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by spiff, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Fished the LMR near the mouth from about 11:30am until 3pm. Saw a guy in a boat pull in what looked like a 3# smallmouth. He caught it on a chartreuse buzzbait... I say this because seeing was about the only way I was going to know what a fish looked like. Skunked. Skunked on livers, worms and several jigs and artificials....

Water was really down...by about 5 feet. The water was moving towards the Ohio at a perceptible clip....it ususally looks like it is just sitting there. Beware because the leaves and weeds are starting to get thick in the water. The water was pretty muddy will less clarity than when it was up about 5 feet last week. The hole I fish is still about 18' deep only now you can see the trees that have your hooks in them. Strong wind, no fishes on my lines. A fella a little upstream from me caught about a half dozen 6" channels. I couldn't stay later, but my suspicion is that they bite right at dusk and then late....but I couldn't stay as I was too tired......because....

My daughter turned 6 on Saturday and had 6 of her closest 6-yearold girlfriends sleep over Friday night. I'm pretty sure I know what hell is like now....and strangely enough it's populated with little 6-yearold girls who stay up until 2:30am and talk and scream and giggle and ....where's my pill....my pill!!!!

It was a beautiful day and REALLY good to be away from the house, so I am thankful that fishing is more than the fish sometimes. The air smells great, the banks and water look good! I just need to find the fish...or find when...

spiff