close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

sunday at griggs

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by harry1, Feb 20, 2005.

1. 4th. trip of the year-1st. hit of the year-1st. fish of the year-1st. fish ohio of the year-only fish of the day. she was 23" long and 15" around. i caught her when i reduced the size of the jig head from 1/8 to 1/16 using a three inch twister.

there were gulls everywhere. i figured they were eating shad so i went with a white twister. ( i always use venom twisters because i can buy them in a large quanity and that reduces the individual price.) i realy can't say the fish hit on white because of the shad, but this fish graciously hit, on white, after i told my friend the reason i was switching to white.

i

2. That is one real nice fish! I would love to get one like that I can find the time to make it out again!

3. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

congratulations on the catch. Any pictures of it ?

4. I assume it is a saugeye your talking about? Nice fish.

5. nice fish harry!!!! @ the rate im going ill be fishing in the fall

6. capt. i'll tell the fish to be on the look out for u.

as far as pictures go, i have a digital camera, don't know how to use it. if i did know how to use it, i don't know how to post the darn thing anyway. maybe i'll try to talk trucked into showing me how to work this stuff.

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

harry..i can show u too..maybe.. ;)

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I drove by today, and they have the ramps chained off. First time I've seen that before.

9. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

They better get them ramps unchained, man i hope we don't have to wait till they put in the docks in almost may!!

10. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

They were chained with orange barrels...thinking maybe to keep people from "accidentally" driving into the river?

11. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

The cops said they P/R did it to keep people off the water because of the ice chunks, and debree in the river. I guess there are numerous trees all the way down the will wreck your day if you hit them. P/R is going to clean these up as soon as weather permits. Also said the dock should be in in Late March or early April. Last year they we're in early. Talked to these guys today.

12. i can belive it about the debree. that place always has a lot of junk in the water, i'll bet it's realy bad right now.