close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sunday at Griggs.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crankus_maximus, May 10, 2004.

1. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I got the fishing boat and motors all cleaned up and tuned for the season and decided to take it on the shakedown cruise. Being Sunday, gorgeous and not a lot of time to travel we decided to go to Griggs. I have decent luck fishing there and thought I might be able to snag a few while getting the boat all checked out. Good news is the boat checked out just fine. Weather was great. Wife looked good in bikini. Got to ramp to load. 2 ski boats (brand spanken' new) pull up in front of us and tie up 2 of the 3 ramps. There is a guy in the 3rd ramp with mechanical problems. In the time it takes the ski boats to find bumpers and line, my wife has dropped me off and I have the truck waiting to get my boat. Not to mention one other lady patiently waiting with truck and trailer to pick up the boat that is following the rules. One moron gets his $40k suv and starts to back in the water. He gets trailer in the water and then proceeds to gather all of the kids (3) and place them all in their car seats while the wife just sits in the boat. He then gets in his boat, backs out for a circle and then tries to load unsuccessfully. Meanwhile, moron 2 begins the exact same process for his rig. I parked my trucvk and trailer right in the freakin' middle of the road so they really had to squeeze by on their way out. I walked up to the lady who had been waiting and asked her what ramp she would like since she had been waiting for 15-20 minutes. Then as I finally get my rig in the water so wife can put the boat on a car with 2 old ladies parks right in front of my truck. They get out to feed the freakin' ducks! I told them to go park somewhere else, preferrable where they wouldn't be in the way.

My wife knew I was peeved, did a masterful job of getting the boat right on the trailer as perfect as could be and away we went. IS THE MORON DISEASE SPREADING? :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Tis the season. That's why I use the ramp near the bridge :D

Please post pics of wife in bikini! :D ;) <kidding>

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Roger is giving away the Griggs secret...use the ramp by Fishinger Bridge. 95% Fisherman who know how to launch. The main ramp is used by mainly skiers, pleasure boats, and people that shouldn't own watercraft.

Just don't use that ramp on Tuesday evenings, and every other monday and weds evenings :D Tournament traffic, but we can launch 30 in the time it takes 2 skiers to launch.

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Amen to that brother fishermen! I should have known better. My wife actually suggested to use the other ramp. Shoulda listened to her. I will post pics of her in her bikin with a nice saugeye. Just don't drool all over your keyboard at the saugeye :D