close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sunday at Edison Pool Reservoir

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by AndroDoug, Sep 26, 2004.

1. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Went out Sunday morning to Edison in Cuyahoga Falls to try my hand at some pike. Might be a little early yet, as we only boated 3, also got 4 LM. Biggest Pike was only about 22-24 inches. We saw alot of big fish jumping all over the place, but none at our lures! They seemed to teasing us! Also saw Jack Kiser out there in his little pond hopper shooting footage for his TV show or videos. That was me in the red canoe Jack. Bite was real slow for us, hope it was better for you! I need to get one of those little pond hoppers, I would have KILLED for a back to my seat today!

2. I tell ya, it's getting harder and harder to lay low and try to get a good catch without you guys guessing our secrets for the show. It was great to see another Pike hunter out there! That day we trolled the large pool down by the dam at about 4 mph and landed a 35" Water Wolf in about 19' of water (according to the depth finder). We used a Bagley's deep diver shad. It was our only one that day and we've already started editing the Pike episode and inserted it. Thanks for noticing!

If you get time, check us out at www.buckeyeangler.com and drop us a line!

3. I've often wanted to try this stretch - is there a spot I can launch my boat from?

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

not really a launch, it depends how easy your boat can be carried.

5. What is up with that ramp (kinda broken down) that you can see going south on 8 that is like by the car delearship and those pontoon boats. Is that area all private. Is that even the same area you are talking about or is it upstream. I get crossed up in that area which way the river is going because of the turn it makes and starts to head back north. Is there another place to put in. Have a lil or 10 foot coleman crawdad thats easy enough to just slide down anything really with a lil 2 hp or electric to go with it. feel free to PM me.

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

that ramp is private, as far as i know. that is considered the front street section of the river, not the edison pool, and is accesible at waterworks park, where a ramp is located (upstream from car dealships).

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

i believe that ramp is private. The pontoon boat that you see is the one that gives rides up and down the river and the captain gives you a run down of the history of the river. My parents have taken the ride several times and enjoy themselves quite a bit with that stretch of the river. Like JB said, if you want to fish that section, you can launch at the Waterworks Park ramp, of which I must say is pretty nice for a ramp on a river, and then just head down stream. You could easily fish from waterworks park all the way to cuyahoga falls, and it would take you all day to fish it completely.

flash------------------------------out

8. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

The ramp you are talking about is owned by the owner of the bar that is in that little brick building. I believe it is a she, and she does not allow usage to what I have been told.

The reservoir I am talking about is by the old Edison power plant a little downstream (the building with the 2 giant smoke stacks next to rte 8). You cannot get to it from upstream, unless you want to die while doing it! If you try, your body might make it down, but that is about it! The rapids below are fatal-probable. There is no public ramp on the pool. 99% of the shoreline in metro park property or private and it is illegal to access it from these areas. There is one small area owned by Akron, but you have to be able to carry your boat over a railing and down an embankment and over a storm sewer overflow chute. Parking is technically tresspassing unless you know somebody nearby to drop you off. These hurdles keep almost everyone away. I wouldn't try it unless you can overcome these obstacles. If you do, be discreet, and park somewhere else other than by it or metro park property, because if people start doing that, they will crack down and eliminate our only access. Don't give them a reason to lose our access privledges! It IS sort of a "gray" area, so be considerate.

9. Okay...thats pretty much what I had heard and figured...kinda crappy so much of that is privatized like that...and giving history of the river tours kinda amusing, since its not really a river right there...KSU how about a pike or smallie meet up sometime next week? I have to take monday and part of next tuesday off and I havent gotten out with a rod in a couple weeks now.