Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to hit up Brushwood Lake in Furnace Run Metro last evening for a few hours after work and before doing schoolwork instead of my usual haunt at Silver Creek. Got 3 cats in about an hour and a half...the 2 pictured were the bigger ones(the big guy was 25" and just shy of 6 lbs). The 3rd was only 10in and still had his spots, but a fighter like every kittie nonetheless. I'm thinking I'm gonna hit up every fishable pond/lake in the park system because I have a feeling there are plenty more of these bigguns hiding out and getting fat on the plentiful panfish and frogs without any real fishing pressure from anglers.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Tbusy, I was fishing right by you! I'm pretty sure I recognize you from the pics. My wife and I were the ones fishing by the cement box for about an hour. It looked like you were handlining or something for a little while. ?

Looks like you had better luck than us--we were just fishing for panfish with ultralights. We caught 2 bluegill on nightcrawler/slip float combos and had a bunch of bites from fish too small to even fit a #8 hook in their mouth.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep! That was me. I was hand lining a bit just to see what the panfish/baitfish situation was close to shore. I too use a #8 hook for that and was unsuccessful with both gulp maggots and small bits of shrimp. But, you can see there were decent results from full shrimp haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts