close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Summit Lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ncraft150, Sep 25, 2004.

1. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I've never fished Summit Lake before and I noticed they had a nice boat ramp so I thought I'd try it today. It was nothing to write home about. 2 through the slop and a solid 2#er on a weed edge. If you thought Portage was weedy you've seen nothing. This lake has to have the most and thickest weeds I've seen in a lake. I probably wont go back.

2. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

i've always wondered what that lake is like. when i worked up off Rt.18 i'd pass it everyday and there used to be boats using that lake (skiing and whatever). used to work with a lady that lived by there and was always telling me her husband/son would catch something.... just beware for cars and dead bodies ;) :(

fished portage today and hooked 3 little ones all under toons/docks and one of them shook off :(

3. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

do yourself a favor and go back there once she turns over this fall.
    i grew up fishing that lake and its got alot of BIG bass in it, alot.
    best spinnerbait lake i've ever seen. [ when its windy ]

4. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

ncraft150.........i did well out their when the snow is falling and in the spring but have never fished it from a boat caught a few 4 lb bass out their i grew up over the hill in kenmore if you EVER want to fish it when the weeds die down pm me and we can go that is a very low pressured lake that holds some big fish i got mine on crank baits and worms............jim

5. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

hey, have any of you guys run depth finder on there?
    whats the depths like?

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

jim, you grew up in K-town! The picture has become much clearer now! :D

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I fished it a few times all the way to Nesmith. The wedbeds along Kenmore Blvd. always produced a few where the canal starts.
    My main problem with the lake is leaving my truck and trailer by the launch ramp and then trying to load up in the evening when the Colt 45 is flowing heavy.
    Makes me very nervous and I always keep a weapon nearby.
    Haven't been there for a few years and then I put the kayak in at Wilbeth.
    It is a pretty decent fishing lake. I always wanted to kayak up the canal to downtown.