Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i work out at the KSU Airport in Stow/Kent and i live in Ravenna and as i was coming home there were these 2 semis with emergency vehicle lights on top hauling single axle trailers that said Summit County Special Operations and Response on the side... the second one had Decon Unit labeled on it and they were heading towards Cuyahoga Falls on 59, lights flashing and sirens wailing.. well as i continue my journey home, and when i get to twin star/ walmart area, three Portage county sherriff are heading in the same directions, lights flashin and siren blarin.... and they are BOOOKIN IT... if i had to say... they were doing about 65-75mph..... and the exhaust tone from the cars backed my theory on speed... the sound of a 4.6L ford police motor(or any ford 4.6L for that matter) when the driver has the petal mashed is a pretty noticable (and gorgeous) sound lol

anyways.... does anyone know whats goin on? after everything thats happened at VT today.... this sight kinda scared me.....

anyways if anyone has info on this.... im interested on what went on

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I didn't hear of anything... I worked days today and covered one of the most depressing, heart-wrenching guilty plea/sentences I've seen in 14 years, 3 car flip accidents(one in Canton, one in Akron, one in Green), a fatal fire, and a shooting near Malone College.

Was sort of crazy today... so nothing would really suprise me.

I NEED to go fishing.

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah... i got off around 8pm so you were probably off by then... lemme know if ya hear anything...

isnt the Special Operations and Response team more or less like a swat team?

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Yes. It is made up from parts of several different communities around the county. I know that Cuyahoga Falls has it's own SWAT, Stow too, so I have no clue as to what they were doing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes. It is made up from parts of several different communities around the county. I know that Cuyahoga Falls has it's own SWAT, Stow too, so I have no clue as to what they were doing.
Down by my house on the corner ofharriet and 59 i saw like 3 police cars around 5:30ish and then some other vehicles with lights going an hour later. Not sure why though and I didn't really think much of it.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I used to date a girl that lived on Harriet... LOTS of years ago...:)

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
yea, steel nailed it, i work for new england motor frieght and the 271 shut down from the propane tanker flipped over gave us a major problem because were located rate on 271-77 exit and half our fleet take 271 north!!!!!! They all had to take 303 west to rt.8. Bet you those people didnt like hundreds of semi's jake braking at 2 in the morning!!:confused:

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx for bringin us up to speed... im assuming the Decon on the second truck means Decontamination or somthing along those lines...

again thanx... im always interested with i see stuff like that and im always wanting to find out why lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts