close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Summer ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by catking, Aug 13, 2004.

1. catking

catking Banned

Was THAT it :confused: I got up at 5 am this morning and my digital thermometer read a crisp 45 degrees :eek: I couldn't believe it. Cincinnati had 57, but was cloudy. Where I live was clear and old. We have set record low-highs and record lows in the past couple weeks. Strange.....Really it is. Middle of August and we have only had 2 days in the 90's down here..My town must have been right in the center of the high pressure, hence the low temps. I remember a few years ago when it was 49 in Cincinnati , in the AM, and was 22 in Morrow , which is about 30-35 miles from Cincinnnati, but rest in a valley. I've had it with getting cheated with the hot days........ CATKING

2. The dog days of August sure hasn't been in the first 2 weeks. It is nice for a change but I think it's messing with the fishing. Went out twice yesterday in the cool, cloudy weather expecting some good action, but only caught a couple of small bass each time. It's almost like they're reacting to a cold front, which is probably what this cool spell is.

3. Dingo

Dingo

I'm not complaining. If these temps keep this low, we'll be catching steelhead from the lakefront in a month. My electric bill likes it as well.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Catking:
    Your right. I'm wearing Levis tonight for a meeting I have. Nice on the electric bills. One question for you? what do you mean by this "Where I live was clear and old." I copied that from your post :D Old age catching up to you :rolleyes:

5. It can start warming up again. I used the cold weather to finish cutting up a large tree that was blown down at the beginning of summer. :cool: I'm sure the cold front knocked down the bite so I was able to accept not being on the water. :D Large family cook out Sunday, recoup Monday, then fish the rest of the week. :p :D

6. Summer in general has been colder then the norm :(
    Sure hope that does not mean a very cold winter!!!

7. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I have found the bass fishing to be much better during this cooler weather with better fish being caught. A tournament on wednesday night was held at miami whitewater in SW ohio and 2 five lbers were wieghed in! that normally only happens in early october

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I have been doing alot beter the past couple times at knox since the colder weather moved in did great today.