close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Summer bass

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Zanini, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Hi all,

I was out at Ladue this weekend working around the 44 ramp and toward 422. We pulled 2 bass. We used mostly plastic, but I also through a buzz, and hairpin spinner, and an inline spinner.
    As the sun went down we had 4 short strikes on the buzz baits while working pads.
    I thought we'd do much better than we did. Have the fish all moved off to their summer deep water, or was this just a case of operator error?

Thanks,

Zanini

2. Fishing was tough at the tournament on Saturday. Not a whole lot of fish brought to the scales. We fished deep form 7-1:30 with only one small fish to show for it, so we started fishing the causeway and got two between 1:45 and 2:15.

3. So it may not have been me or the depth I was fishing. I'll be at Mogadore tonight if the rain holds off to gether more info (and fish). I plan to go toward the damn and fish deeper. This will be new water for me.

4. This time of year the bass will suspend. I have been catching bass in 10' of water using a shallow running crankbait probaly running only 4 to 5 feet deep.

5. I dared the storm to keep me off Mogadore last night and it backed down.

The rain stopped as I put the boat in the water. We had four bass in the boat in about 20 minutes. All on buzz baits, and all really close to the shore.

Then the sun came out... it was like a bass anti-byte switch (at least for the buzz). I did pick up one more on a buzz in the sun, but the rest of the fish had to be satisfied with eating soft plasitic. They were in about 5-8 feet just outside weed beds.

As the sun went down the fish started to go after the buzz again, but the vast majority of the strikes were short. I was surprised that I couldn't draw a strike on a mouse in the back of the weed beds. The conditions seemed perfect.

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

good to see they are still biting at mog. I am dieing to get back out there. it's been over a week now. Must be buzzbait time again! woo hoo!