close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suggestions????

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by midoh39, Jul 31, 2007.

1. midoh39

midoh39 member

I live in South Western Ohio and my family lives up in Cleveland so I go to some of the Browns games. I'm interested in trying some steelhead fishing in the Rocky River. I no it's early for this post but do you guys have any suggestions for a spin/fly fisher trying to get his first steelhead. Also when does the run start? Thanks for any info

2. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Seems like I always start seeing a few fish caught around the 3rd week of September. It depends on the weather. Early on throwing spoons and spinners in the lower parts of the Rock can be good. Also drifting a marabou jig with a few maggots is very popular around the boat ramps. Shoot me a PM in the near future and I will try to help you out. Heck, maybe you can even help me out with some fishing down your way.

3. When do you plan on coming up this way?

4. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

5. midoh39

midoh39 member

I know I'll be for the first Browns game, and I'm hoping that we'll be able to come to one in November.Oh and BigDaddy300 it matters most of what you want to fish for.

6. midoh39

midoh39 member

My dads working on Thanksgiving so that means he'll probably have the two weekends before that off. Also I'm pretty sure I'll be fly fishing but here's my question is a 6wt good enough for steelhead?

7. Yup, 6wt will be ok. Thats all I use for steelhead. Once the time to head up north gets closer, shoot a question as to how the fishin is and you get some good up to date info from this great group of fishers. Also remember the later in the fall the greater number of fish to be in the river.

8. midoh39

midoh39 member

I'll be up there for the game on November 4th. And maybe some in December.