Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Does anyone have any suggestions on a fairly close (<30 min or so) place to camp & fish that would be kid friendly? I guess,what I mean is that is safe & fairly quiet. I noticed an earlier post on the serpentine wall at night & would love to take him down to the big river. But, I don't want to have to worry about getting robbed. We are on the Northeast side of Cincy. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks,
Danny

·
Registered
946 Posts
Eagle creek would be a great spot for you...275 to 32 east to 68 south(mt orab exit) left on 52 ( at the stop sign in the town of ripley) right into Eagle creek marina ...12 bucks a night to camp waterfront

·
Registered
173 Posts
Most of the State parks like cowan, grand lake etc have campsites as well as "cabins" that are good for the little ones. Pretty cheap as well. I got a 5 man cabin for $40 a night right on the lake

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you are North East, like Loveland area, I would suggest taking a trip down I-275 and going to East Fork. That was actually the first place I ever went camping as a kid outside of my back yard. Nice big lake, and a good family friendly camp ground.

-Wags

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey All,
I really appreciate the suggestions. I'll do a little reading & make some plans. I'll let you know how it goes! Any below in particular that we can camp right by the water?
Thanks!
Danny

·
Registered
794 Posts
You should check out Huston Woods State park also (Acton Lake) they have nice camping and pretty cheap boat rental. Also have a very nice place for kids when the fish are not doing anything - plenty of cat to catch!

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
amazing, i'm the guy from landen lake, if your looking for some closer areas i can give you some areas on the lmr, ill probably be cattin them this weekend just shoot me a pm if you want to head down

·
The Last Don
218 Posts
Riverking, I know this is a bit off topic but I work right by Landen Lake and I was wondering what they are doing to that lake? I get a pass from my office and fished that lake for the past few years and have caught HUGE bass and tons of crappie including some hybrids/stripers out of there? Are the fish gone now and what can we expect from that lake now? That lake was some of best fishing in the area.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Cordon, My parents live near Landen Lake and what they are doing is dredging it. They said they will have it done by the end of the summer but I don't believe it. On the bright side, making it deeper will help out the fishing when they get done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, that is what they are doing. I live in Landen when im not at school, and the CSA updates us on it quite a bit. I grew up fishing that lake so I am kind of lost so far this summer. They set aside money for a huge stocking after the project is done, supposedly in about 5 months. What I found funny was when they electroshocked the lake right before lowering the level, they said they found quite a few walleye. Ive never caught one in 15 years.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
the walleye were doin great until they lowered it, we used to catch quite a few up to about 24in out of there. the hybrids weren't doing to well, but hopefully they will stock it when they finish the dredging, i just hope they finish soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts