Suggestion for "The" MODS

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Toxic, May 10, 2008.

1. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

A little suggestion, when you guys moves a thread, can you put or add something as to the where abouts you moved it to? I have seen a few posts that I wanted to look at get moved lately, and I do not feel like looking at every single thread trying to find it. Thanks.

2. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

We do have a re-direct feature.
    Not a bad idea.
    I am sure the mods will see this and use it.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i do leave a redirect on almost every thread i move.i think the only exception lately has been the famous carp/global warming thread.
    however,the redirect usually expires after 24 hours.after that time period,if it has any replies,it will come up when you check the forums for new posts.this shouldn't cause a problem unless you are searching for an old thread that has been inactive,in which case,you'd have to search anyway;)
    i sometimes don't leave notice when i merge two threads or delete multiple ones,because the one that i leave is in the proper forum,where it should be easily found.

4. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Rick...you couldnt explain it any better than that!:) :)

5. I admit that I have not made a habit of leaving the re-direct on when I move threads. But the point is taken and I will try to do do from here on.;)

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

another instance where i don't leave a redirect is when someone makes multiple duplicate posts in several forums.i delete all but the one that is in the proper forum.there's no need to redirect then,as it will again show in new posts in that forum if you haven't seen it previously.

7. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I now feel that my life is complete and I did some good to change the world LOL. Thanks guys:D

8. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Good thing we have you around Toxic....you're on top of things!!!:p