Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 79' sea ray sundancer in the marketplace. i know you can't haggle prices in that forum but what do you think it is worth. I let someone borrow it and they hit a dock and bent the rail and the cabin needs updated. the trailer is a floating aluminum. I have a baby on the way and want to move it but don't want to give it away either.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
there's no rule against "haggling" prices.you have already posted "OBO",so people can make offers,and you can eccept or reject.as for what it's worth,everyone won't have the same thoughts on that,so your best bet is accept what it's worth to you.
you can check the kelly blue book for an idea also.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there's no rule against "haggling" prices.you have already posted "OBO",so people can make offers,and you can eccept or reject.as for what it's worth,everyone won't have the same thoughts on that,so your best bet is accept what it's worth to you.
you can check the kelly blue book for an idea also.
when it was docked up at Fenwick's our insurance company used some blue book value and insured for 12,000.00....I was really hoping she'd sink on me one warm afternoon! LOL!! obvisouly its not worth that much but I understand what your saying. thanks misfit.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
It has been my experience on the Marketplace that nearly everyone has an inflated impression of what their boat(other items too!) is worth. I buy(and sell) used vehicles and boats by what NADA(on line) references as low and ave. retail. I have seen prices nearly double what the "experts" on NADA say the item is worth. If you tell someone that, it seems to hurt their feelings and they usually get mad at you for "low-balling" them! Needless to say, lots of boats are still on there that never got sold. If you are serious about selling your boat, I'd suggest the Auto and RV catalog available for free at grocery stores and other places. You can run an ad as expensive as you care to but you will need a picture. You can call their customer service number and they will let you email a pic to them to attach to the ad. It will run for two weeks in their mag. and online as well. I've have luck selling a truck and boat with them. First caller each time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks C.J. I ended up trading it a couple days ago for a 2005 Honda 400ex. I figured it would be easier to sell this than the boat considering the size difference and cost of running the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts