close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

submersible light?

Discussion in 'Canoes & Kayaks' started by twistertail, Jul 15, 2005.

1. One of my light on my trailer was out so I took it off to look at it and it was filled with water and rusted up pretty bad so I bought a new at Auto Zone and looking at it I know its just going to fill up with water also. So should I seal it with caulking or something? What makes them any different from regular trailer light if water still gets inside.

2. It'll be fine. They are submersible, but not waterproof. It sounds silly, but they create an airlock when lowered into the water. I called the company when I first bought some. Something just didn't look right. Been a lot of years now and I've never had a problem.

3. Mike is right. I questioned the same thing when I changed my lights a few years back. I also have never had any problems related to submerging the lights.

4. ok guys thanks. It just didnt look right to me.

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

hot lights ,cool water+ broken bulbs for me. i baught a sealed light ,100% waterproof. i need 1 more and can't remember where i got it . harbor freight??

6. Shoot with the price of LED lights on the down swing, usually for just a little bit more money you will never have to worry about water getting into them or them burning out, they have like so rediculous hours of lighting, and i don't know anyone that usues trailer lights for 100,000 hours straight

J