Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I started working on my ourboard that goes with the zodiac this weekend, its an old Ted Williams 7.5 hp from the 1960s. last year in late Nov, I had the Zodiac tied to the dock for about a month after I took the big boat out of the water. and sometime a late storm hit and flipped the zodiac over while the motor was still connected submerging the motor. it took over a week for me to find this out and get down there to pull it out of the water. I'm thankful it just didnt let loose and drop off the zodiac and sink to the borttom. last year when I got it home, I hosed it down and spayed it heavily with WD40 as I turned it over. so this weekend I pulled it out and it was stuck, I couldnt get the flywheel to spin so I took it apart, not compeltely but enough to get access to the cylinders and hosed them down with PB Blaster, and after a while of fighting it, got it to turn. so my daily routine this week will be to turn it over while continually hitting it with the oil. the cylinder walls werent rusty which is good, so I think it will be salvagable. well, its been a few years since I serviced her, and 15 years or so since we had her totally rebuilt. I hate outboards, I can rebuild the big boats a motor(an Atomic 4) in half the time it takes me to fight with this thing.

oh yeah, I was pulling dead fish from the motor. about a half dozen. they must have squeezed under the cover and been unable to get out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts