Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Those peppers look great. Tell you all what I do with brll peppers. I cut them lengthwise, clean out seeds put peppers in clean quart jars pit on lid put in freezer. No freezer burn for at least a year. I mix up ground venison, or beef with couple eggs and a handfull of minute rice. Put the mix into the pepper halves, that you just took from freezer, put into covered skillet. Poar tomato soup over the top 2 cans don't dilute. Cook slow, about 45 min. Easy and good.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
8,975 Posts
Ours used to be mushy too, some people don't mind but I don't like the soft rice so we found that freezing them uncooked is the way to go. We'll take them out frozen, add our home made v8 tomato juice and complete the cooking process, about one hour. We use ground beef, ground pork and ground veal for the meat, they come out great. I like a few pieces of kielbasi in there too but I still think that I like stuffed cabbage better
That was the blend of meats that my Mom used to make her meat loaf. I remember that a local market would sell it pre-made as "meat loaf mix". I love stuffed cabbage too, which is quite a change from childhood. I loved the stuffing, but I wouldn't eat the cabbage. I'd give it to my older Sister who loved it! The only problem nowadays with the cabbage is that it makes me gassy.

View attachment 456892
This thread made me crave a stuffed pepper along with some fried green tomatoes which I have in abundance, unfortunately the asparagus is from a can.
Enjoy !
You know, there are markets that sell fresh asparagus, although I will say that your canned looks a lot better than the stuff I tried, once! It slid out of the can like a big wad of slime! I couldn't eat it. And I LIKE asparagus!

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
8,975 Posts
Yeah. You start an asparagus patch, you'd better be dedicated to it because it will be around a while!

Reactions: garhtr
21 - 27 of 27 Posts