Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made 2 pans of
IMG_2512.JPG
stuffed peppers this evening. This will make some nice freezer meals for this winter. I'll put them in smaller containers. Smoked them for about 1.5 hours. Will add a slice of mozzarella cheese when we pop them in the oven next time

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
8,975 Posts
Yep! looks good and love them as well. Luckily, I have a local carry out that makes them every week, and it makes it easy on me! And they're good!

Reactions: PromiseKeeper

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great idea. We love stuffed peppers and haven't had them in quite a while. I never thought about smoking them. Will try that this week, thanks

·
Conservation,the best story that's never told
239 Posts
Made 2 pans of View attachment 375679 stuffed peppers this evening. This will make some nice freezer meals for this winter. I'll put them in smaller containers. Smoked them for about 1.5 hours. Will add a slice of mozzarella cheese when we pop them in the oven next time
Look great !
What type of container do you use for freezing and technique? Never had much luck with them getting too mushy or freezer burnt

Thanks

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
My neighbor gave me a few jars of stuffed peppers in a tomato bisque. Used small peppers and filled with mix and then water bath processed in a pressure cooker. Just heat and eat, WOW, they were delicious..

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had my first ever stuffed, smoked, hot peppers this year. I must say they were very good.
Your stuffy's look great, PK. Don't be afraid to send a few south, my friend.......LOL;)
gotta love 'em Diesel! I think the red peppers mad a big difference in the taste too vs the green ones. As you know, they are sweeter. Next project is going to be to throw some Japs in the smoker and then dry them for winter. Man you would be more than welcome to some, but not sure UPS delivers frozen peppers LOL Speaking of which.....we had frost this morning and I had to do some early sprinkling!

·
Registered
888 Posts
we will stuff 50 green peppers tomorrow. We have already did 45 with sweet banana with roasted chicken mix. We freeze the sauce in ice cube trays and pop out and vacuum seal.

·
Premium Member
1,998 Posts
Very, cool, PK, i like "Japs" as you say, anyway i've ever had them. Good idea, BTW, with smoke and drier.

I also like Bruce's idea to freeze and vacuum. I'm a vacuum sealer nut from way back.
You won't believe some of the things i seal. Great way to protect guns and ammo as well.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bruce, would you mind sharing how you make the roasted chicken peppers? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Look great !
What type of container do you use for freezing and technique? Never had much luck with them getting too mushy or freezer burnt

Thanks

Ours used to be mushy too, some people don't mind but I don't like the soft rice so we found that freezing them uncooked is the way to go. We'll take them out frozen, add our home made v8 tomato juice and complete the cooking process, about one hour. We use ground beef, ground pork and ground veal for the meat, they come out great. I like a few pieces of kielbasi in there too but I still think that I like stuffed cabbage better

1 - 20 of 27 Posts