Striper/Norris

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Fish G3, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Might be heading to Norris around mid March or so looking to do some striper fishing. Anyone have any suggestions on charters?

Thanks guys

2. imalt

imalt Banned

i'm going about the same time so any info anybody has on lures and any other info would be appreciated i have my own boat.

3. Anyone???

I would also like any imput on Cumberland also. Thanks

4. Contact Ezzell Cox in Tazewell, TN.
    He's one of the best guides/striper guys on Norris, (TN for that matter) he's pretty busy right now with other responsibilities, but he can point you in the right direction.
    I understand he's the acting mayor of Tazewell, do a google search you should be able to contact him easily.
    LMJ

5. PGV16

PGV16

I have fished cumberland a lot. Striper fishing is tackle intensive, so my advice would be start with a guide. I would recommend Captain Jim Dunam. He also has several good DVD's about it. I think his website is striper fun. Live bait fishing has always worked better for me, but as far as lures I would use a bucktail (white 1/2-3/4 oz) or a Rapala Sliver if I had to choose.