Striper Fishing

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TClark, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Got to go striper fishing yesterday and caught five in the 4-5 pound range. You have never caught a fish till you've caught a striper...talk about PULL and long runs. It was the spur of the moment thing and didn't take my camera :( but when I go again I'll be sure to take it.
    I honestly don't know what I'd do with a 20-30 pounder, stand there and watch all my line strip off...lol
    You know those old Creme worms with the hooks molded into he body? The guy I was fishing with caught a 5# bass on one, then proceeded to catch five more all in the 3-4 pound range...made a believer out a be I tell ya. Bluebird skies but was still an awesome day...I'm cooked as I also forgot my sun screen. :eek:

2. Lake Cumberland in Kentucky used to produce some monster stripers....my dad had a 18#'er & it took 25 minutes to get it in b/c it was running so much. My grandpa caught some that were much larger there too.

3. just across the river from you, where did you catch these? river or seneca?
    I just got a new boat and have had it out on the river a few times, but nothing but 10-14'' smallies. would like to get in to some stripers. [​IMG][​IMG]