close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Striper Fishing

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TClark, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Got to go striper fishing yesterday and caught five in the 4-5 pound range. You have never caught a fish till you've caught a striper...talk about PULL and long runs. It was the spur of the moment thing and didn't take my camera :( but when I go again I'll be sure to take it.
    I honestly don't know what I'd do with a 20-30 pounder, stand there and watch all my line strip off...lol
    You know those old Creme worms with the hooks molded into he body? The guy I was fishing with caught a 5# bass on one, then proceeded to catch five more all in the 3-4 pound range...made a believer out a be I tell ya. Bluebird skies but was still an awesome day...I'm cooked as I also forgot my sun screen. :eek:

2. Lake Cumberland in Kentucky used to produce some monster stripers....my dad had a 18#'er & it took 25 minutes to get it in b/c it was running so much. My grandpa caught some that were much larger there too.

3. just across the river from you, where did you catch these? river or seneca?
    I just got a new boat and have had it out on the river a few times, but nothing but 10-14'' smallies. would like to get in to some stripers. [​IMG][​IMG]