close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

strip pit and piedmont

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, May 1, 2004.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Sorry guys......haven't kept you informed as I've been busy with midterms all week in Columbus......but last weekend I went to a strip pit and piedmont....Bite at Piedmont was good early on in the morning...we were at edgewater/reynold roads area in front of the docks...nothing special just crawler on the bottom in about 4-5ft of water....Also, i was jiggin a 1 1/2 inch bass assasin tipped with nightcrawler....rolled one fish never saw it, probably saugeye, and also caught a couple smallmouth on that....after the sun got up and the fog lifted the bite died down....left at about 2:30 p.m. with 2 channels for the fryer...everything else went back as usual.

As for the strip pit story....well....I was just gill fishing for fun, and about a 35 lb. turtle surfaced and began hissing at me....funny thing is, when this one came up 2 others did too...I couldn't get all 3 at once, but here's the closest one....gills were pretty big two...this was about the average size of em...I'm still new to this camera and was alone so forgive the pictures...the gills may have not been more than 8 inches....but they were FAT! Tried to show that with these! Tight Lines!

Attached Files: