close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stren Line and Kinami

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by ohioredneck08, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ohioredneck08

ohioredneck08 Redneck

i have 2 questions has anyone ever had a problem with stren line being very twisted right off the spool i bought 14 lbs and was lining my bait caster and it was twisted as all get out and it was very weak, let me know if you have had this problem or if it was user error..

aslo has anyone tired kinamis strait worms there 6 inches long and come in many colors ive been using them free lined and buying the neon yellow ones and just letting it go to the bottom and pulling it and they work great just an FYI

2. chrsvic

chrsvic Biggest Member

I've used the 14 lb test stren for years, good stuff. With the bait casters, you need to put a pencil or a screwdriver through the spool of line, and have someone hold it while you wind it on your reel. This reverses the "memory" or kink that is put in the line during manufacture. If the line is weak from the get-go, that would be a rare case of a bad batch of line.

The only stren i've found fault with was the Magnathin, which just didn't seem to be as abrasion resistant as normal Stren.

Haven't tried the neon yellow straight worms, might have to check those out.