close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

stream smallmouth bass length limits

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lawrence1, Aug 22, 2008.

1. lawrence1

lawrence1 Master Tangler

One of the topics to be discussed at the Division of Wildlifes 5 open houses.

I hope it's implemented. Some of the stringers and creels I've seen with these little bass would make you want to puke in your mouth.

2. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Amen to that. Seen people (mostly kids) walking the river with a few stringed up smalies that were no bigger than my hand :mad:.

3. I think I'm in favor of a slot limit more than just a size limit or a limit on the count.

Too many (small) smallies being takin is bad but too many (large) smallies could be worse (since thies are the breeders in the population).

It's a tough call and one that will always be hard to enforce too.

I haven't seen it as much on the lakes as I have on the Ohio river where people fill thier limit,put them in a bucket put the bucket in the car and come back down and fish for more.

Just like any law it will only be followed by the law abiding and the law breakers will continue to do what they do break the law.

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

keep it like beaver creek.. 1, 15'' smallie.. which is pretty much saying don't keep any at all