close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

stream bronzebacks

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by esoxhunter, Apr 12, 2004.

1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

hit one of the local (central OH) streams for smallies on Friday. Had decent success considering I've never fished this body of water before. Caught a few in the 13-15" range and my buddy caught 5 with the biggest being 16".
    We threw cranks and spinnerbaits with no luck. All of our fish were caught on plastics. Yamamoto Ikas and Venom tubes worked for me.
    Wondering how the Scioto is looking now....might try to hoist a few hawgs out of there this week.
    EH

2. I cant wait to hit the Big Darby for some smally action! This rain is going to have things messed up for a while but as soon as things get back to normal I will be fishing the Darby atleast once a week. I started using tubes instead of cranks and spinners last year and caught way more fish than I had before. I still take cranks and spinners but my go to is now small Madman crawtubes!

3. esoxhunter

I should be hitting the Big D soon too. Haven't yet this year.
    I'll be throwing Ikas and regular tubes. #7 Original Rapalas happen to work great for me as well.
    EH

4. What are ikas?
    What part of Darby do you fish?

5. esoxhunter

6. I've seen those before. I have so many plastic baits its not funny, but I might have to add some more to the stock pile! Have you ever used the storm rattle tubes? They are great!

7. I also fish for smallies all over the state and I have found that the Heddon floating craw and a #2 silver mepps are my best lures, besides if the smallies are not biting the rockbass will.....

8. Those rock bass get pretty aggressive, I've had them hit lures almost as big as they are.

9. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Hey Shane......if you want to hook up on the Darby or even over on the Kokosing, let me know. I'm game for a wade trip when things warm up some :)

10. Sounds good to me. I would like to try the Kokosing some time. We will try to get together once it warms up a bit. All the creeks are pretty much blown out right now but I'm hoping by the weekend they will be fishable. Cant wait to do some wade fishing!

11. catking

catking Banned

The creek ones can be picky at times. I've fished where they wouldn't hit nothing, then I'll add a little spinner rig to a crub and they will blast it. But I use one particular shallow crank bait that they always seem to hit. My river is blowed out right now. Oh well, off to Erie carpin anyways. Can't wairt for wading season. CATKING