close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Strange highway sighting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PatSea, Apr 5, 2005.

1. I saw something today that has left me scratching my head. Maybe someone here can shed some light. I was driving north of Lima on I75 and passed a small convoy of about 8 military looking vehicles that were headed south on I75. They were small straight trucks painted in the typical military camo but they had "Canada" license plates!
    I thought for a moment we were being invaded by our friends up north! I couldn't see any other identification on the trucks, and I was so busy driving in the heavy traffic that I couldn't see if the driver and passengers were wearing militaru uniforms or civilian clothes. It was the license plate that caught my eye. It wasn't the typical "Ontario" plate but it showed "Canada". Any ideas what this convoy was?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Could be they are training with some of our troops. WE trained with the canadians in the 60's. I'm sure they still do come down here to train. Not sure if this is the answer but I'm guessing it may be.

3. i've seen south park the movie. beware!

4. Maybe they got lost or something aye? Or were you lost?

I'm guessing what Dale said is correct.

You should probably report it just to be safe in case they are invading us.

But yeah, that site would probably make me scratch my head too at first glance. But if they weren't opening fire on you, its probably not an invasion.

5. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Damn those Canadians! It IS an invasion, but with the exchange rate 8 pickups is a division.

6. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

HA!! Good one!! :D

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

maybe heading south to do some desert training?

8. This may sound dumb, but do we station any troops or have any type of base in Canada? I could see having Canadian plates in US vehicles if they are stationed there. Like I said, sounds dumb to me too, but maybe.

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Its all part of the globalization fellas. Welcome to the New World Order. We also loan our state highway patrolmen to the Canadian govt. to work their roads at times.

How many foriegn troops do you think we have here right now in total?

10. bugtussel

bugtussel Banned

Wife saw something about requiring paasports for canada. Maybe they were only mobilizing the checkpoints.