close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Strange Eagle Report

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by reel, Jul 12, 2007.

1. 13 cat collars in my neighbors eagle nest.
    Just confirmed the rumor this PM.
    According to him, the Local wildlife study found all these cat collars and assumed they were mostly from road kill ? ?

2. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

They gotta eat to! I remember a story that was in Wild Ohio a few years back. A lady complained that a hawk was visiting her bird feeder and it was eating the other birds. A Wildlife Officer replied back telling her the bird feeder was doing it's job, The hawk is a bird and the feeder was feeding the birds. :D

3. My kind of eagle!!:D

4. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

5. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

and the problem is???

6. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Its a good start!

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

So ,whats Yer Point?????????

8. news flash.....they were not road kill.

it's not uncommon for church steeples and clock towers to give up countless "domestic pet" collars and bones.

9. I had a 'sharp-shinned hawk' nab a sparrow at my feeeder few weeks ago.......swooped in and bam...then sat 6 ft. from me tearing the things head off....had the bird book....looked like either a cooper's hawk or the sharp-shinned hawk....looked the same in book but the sharp was smaller w/ a slightly different tale....
    steely123

10. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

The price of chinese food in the area has skyrocketed.

11. snag

snag

only 13 darn.............here kitty -kitty................

12. Hope an eagle comes toward Berea for feeding. My neighborhood would be an all you can eat buffet for him :)

Maybe then the cats would stay out of my trash.

13. They say the amount of stray cats has sky-rocketed over the years. I guess the solution is more eagles. If it wasn't cats it would be squirrels, rabbits, etc. Better to take stray cats in my opinion and probably easier for the eagle to catch.

Jake

14. If we had some eagles around, I could save some money on .22 ammo !! I've read that an eagle will eat evrything up to skunk size, so ctas are easy prey for them ............ just one natural predator taking out an un-natural one.
    Tim

15. I GOT 5 (FIVE) CATS..........................

"and the problem is"
    :D :D :D

16. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

trucked, i still get my yahoo photo's when i click on your link??

17. It is not uncommon for birds of prey to take cats and small dogs.They are opportunistic feeders.