close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Strange channel cat stomach contents!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dinkbuster1, Sep 3, 2007.

1. fished for a couple hours this morning on the stillwater river and managed to catch a couple nice eater size channels. after cleaning one of them i noticed the stomach was packed full of something very strange. teurned out to be a small block of cheese, some cashews, macadamia nuts, and almonds! man i have seen it all now! [​IMG]

2. just never know what them dudes will eat!probably had already digested the crackers and wine.

3. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Sounds like I'll be trying some new bait!

4. LOL!! Sounds like you were fishing by the picnic area.

That reminds me of years ago when I used to gig a lot of frogs. I felt something hard in a big bullfrog and cut him open to find a 1/2 digested field mouse. Between a catfish and a bullfrog nothing gets by.

5. glad i wasnt eating. :D It looks more like macaroni and cheese to me.

6. I have cleaned a lot of catfish in my life time and still seem to find new things in them. The strangest one was several years ago while trying to locate catfish at Acton lake one night. I had tried all of my favorite places and kept hearing this splashing in the shallow water area back in the weeds next to the bank. I was fishing with cut bait of fish and did mangae to catch two nice cats of over 5 lbs each. When I cleaned them I found thier stomacks to be full of nothing but moss. yes just pure moss and they were full of it. I guess it was thier salad for the day.

7. BTW, i have also found rocks, sticks, french fries, fur (from some kind of animal), mice, and even smaller channel cats in channels over the years.