close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Straight question

Discussion in 'OGF Comedy Corner' started by Phil Carver, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

2. Niagara Falls!! Do I get a prize.:D

3. Anything moving towards Buffalo is going backwards.....oh wait, I'm going there soon and that's where I'm from......

Rich Stadium in the early years....the Bills marched backwards for many seasons.....even with the help of the famous "non guilty" juice.

I agree with BKR, but is it really backwards for a river running north in the northen hemisphere?

4. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Good job . The reason that it is moveing backwards is because the falls erode at 2' per day due to the millions of gallons of water that goes over every hour .

5. Phil,

I believe your rate of erosion is way overstated here. At that rate it would be eroding nearly 700' per year. I believe I read some recent records indicating that the rate is in the neighborhood of 1-2' per year. At one time it was record to be considerably higher but it has slowed its erosion.

6. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

You can't get away with anything on this board....dang internet. Facts & more facts....

7. I was thinking the same thing.:p In fact I figure it is only a matter of time until I find out from someone how close my numbers are.:D

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I think it's 43 centimeters.......