close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stow cable and internet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappiebub, Aug 4, 2004.

1. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Daughter is moving to Stow and attending Grad school at Kent later this month. Wondering what good and bad information on TV cable and internet services that are available.
    Thanks
    Bob

2. I think, Time Warner is in Stow. That means Road Runner for Internet. I have both, and with all things, just have to make sure they install it correctly and get you all the software.

Have had a few(3)issues, but they have showed up when they said they would to fix the problems, and they did. We even have that "digital phone" service. Flat rate for phones.

3. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Crappie. I work for Time Warner and Kent is one of our areas. Let me see if its one that I setup and I'll send you a pm with all the details and specials going on. I'll send you a pm after I get off work which I get home around 2am. :)

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Get Direct TV for your television. It is much better AND less expensive.

Road Runner is a good product, however.

I used to work for Time Warner and now am an installer for DTV. I know both companies and their products and services well. I can get you a VERY good deal. PM me if you are interested. I live in Tallmadge.

5. I'm a grad student at KSU living in Kent (for a few more weeks) and I use Time Warner for cable and internet services. I don't care much about the cable tv but I can't live without RoadRunner. Both services have been fine, there have been a couple of short outages with RoadRunner but nothing major.

Tell your daughter to get a parking pass for KSU as soon as she can if she hasn't already. I got more parking tickets than I care to think about and nearly got my car towed off once :) Damn parking nazi's at KSU will ticket you as soon as the meter runs out.

If you don't mind me asking, what program is your daughter in? I'm in the Biomedical Sciences program and I've enjoyed my time in Kent and KSU.

Steve

6. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i live in stow and work at ksu time warner is who i have for cable i was happy with it but the last few weeks the picture has gone to crap the lower channels are all snowie (i gotto call this guy about it)i had a guy that represents time warner come out and hook it up but he did say the cable was old in the basement and said that he can have someone put a hook up in the bedroom for free i can get his name for you he came out in 3 hr after calling him to hook it up............ free install and i think a month free i dont have roadrunner i am just to cheep i get ksu dial up for free but with the wife geting close to graduation i may break down and get it all she does is complain about how slow it is :rolleyes:

alter..............watch out for all of them and if you do get a ticket you can sometimes get out of the ticket if you are nice to the girl in the parking service office it may help that my wife works over at the snack bar at michel swartz so i know everyone there..................jim

7. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Thanks for the reply guys. Gives us a good start.

Alter -- she is going for business of some type. I called and told her what you said about the Parking Pass and she was already warned and got it last week.

Bob