1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my pig back:

Caught 11-11-06 - Huron Pier
31" 11.5lbs.
Mounting by Mike's Taxidermy (Port Clinton)

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Very nice ! Looks like the night you caught it ! :D Mike did my brothers a couple years back, he does one hell of job on the walleye.

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
Hey Kev! Nice mount! When I get mine back, let's set up a play date for'em!!! :p:p

·
Super Moderator
3,928 Posts
great clean looking mount.
keep her shinny :B

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks All ! ! ! !

Cat Man - He charges $6/inch for walleyes....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Have always heard good things about Mike.Know he's won several major taxidermy contests statewide.He actually has his roots here in Portage County where he is still the Lake Erie contact for our local paper's weekly fishing report, and its always up-to-date and accurate, and includes his toll-free number(1-800-336-3443)at the lake where his opinions are always honest and appreciated-much more timely and accurate than other baitshops or the Plain Dealer.
He'll be doing a perch "stringer" for my dad, due soon.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I went to school with Mike and his brother. He married a girl that lived right up the street from me and her sister was my girlfriend in the 4th - 5th grade.

·
Northcoast Madman
1,669 Posts
Stoshu, great fish man. Mike and Mark do great work out there. I worked for them years ago when their shop was in downtown Port Clinton. They're good guys, my fish will always go to them.:)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is why this forum is great. If you have a good (or bad) experience with a business, you can post information here. Word of mouth is the BEST advertising.

Seapro - The lure that caught her is still in use today. I happened to break the bill on another lure (different color though), and that ones hangs in the mouth.

Rednek - I am sorry to inform you that that was caught in Oct. of last year (got the mount back in April..) Curse on;) :p ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts